Popular Posts

Friday, January 13, 2012

Midterms, Stress, Sports, and Room Re-do

Hello world! ;) Long time no talk! So this week has probably been one of the longest, most stressful weeks I've had in a long time. My week consisted of this:

Monday: To be completely honest, I don't remember. LOL!
Tuesday: Speaking part of my spanish midterm. I found out that morning that I had been studying the wrong topic for days. But, I practiced and prayed before it was my turn to take the test, and BOOM! 100%! ;) (Although I am one of my teacher's favorite students, so maybe that had something to do with it.) I celebrated by going to a local frozen yogurt place with my friends after school.
Wednesday: Wednesday was a pretty good day. I was excited to wear my new outfit (black leggings, shirt from VS Pink, and my black cardy Uggs) so I started out the day in a good mood. I had a history benchmark, and I think I did pretty well on it. After school, I had volleyball practice which suprisingly, I was excited to go to. That night was when the week started going downhill for me. Volleyball went by fast, but after volleyball I started getting upset because I was started to like it better than soccer. Most normal people wouldn't think this was a big deal, but to me it is. I really enjoy volleyball because I don't know anyone on my team so it's a fresh start, and also I'm on the second highest team in the program, out of six teams. I'm actually pretty good at volleyball, if I do say so myself. But I think that's the problem: I've been on a losing soccer team for three years, and let me tell you it's not fun. My dad occassionally asks me this question, "Would you rather be the best player on the worst team or the worst player on the best team?" Before I would always answer with an "I don't know," but now I know the answer. Being the best player on the worst team sucks. I would rather be the worst player on the best team because if I was surrounded by better athletes, then it would make me perserve to practice and be the best. With my soccer team I feel like they are holding me back because there is no one person who is the superstar athlete (although I do have my moments. :) Anyways let's move on to Thursday because I could go on for weeks debating over soccer and volleyball.
Thursday: Thursday started out good. I had an okay day at school. I had to take my writing part on the Spanish midterm. (It is divided up into four different sections: Speaking, Writing, Listening, and Multiple Choice.) We had 90 minutes to write as much as we could about the given prompt, and I know I nailed it. I had 375 words (yes, I counted) and I was so proud of myself. After school my mom took me to this outdoor mall-type-thing because I was going to get my birthday present from Sephora and I also wanted to get the 'Sephora Bestsellers Kit,' which they were sold out of. ): If anyone knows if they still have them in stock in stores or a website where you can get it online, please let me know! Also, I reaaalllly wanted to go to Anthropologie to get a pillow that would be the focal point of my room. I saw it and it was HUGE. It wasn't what I expected at all! And me and my mom got in a fight about my room, which made me really upset.
Friday: I woke up and was excited to ride one of my bestfriend's bus home and go to her house after school. So while I was doing my makeup, I poked myself in the eye and it hurt SO bad! It felt like something was stuck in my eye, so I took off my makeup and tried to get it out. I couldn't get it out so I asked my mom if she could drive me to school so I could have a few more minutes to get ready. She looked at my eye and couldn't find anything, and then she decided to not let me ride my friend's bus home because I would be late to school. But it wasn't my fault something was in my eye! I ran upstairs crying partly because I was upset and the other part because my eye hurt. I tried to make myself look presentable and finish getting ready. When I was done I went downstairs and my mom drove my sister to school and then me. While we were in the car she gave me a long lecture about how I need to learn how to take no for and answer and all this stuff. When I came in late I went to my first block class and my eye still hurt. I was late to my second block class (civics) because I had to stop by the house office to pick up a picture I made last year in art. Third block I had my math exam. We have lunch a little more than halfway through third block so I ate lunch with my eye still hurting. I finished my math exam ten minutes after the bell rang for fourth block, so my teacher wrote me a pass. I had resource and we had a substitute, so I read and talked to my friends the whole block. My eye had reached a new level of pain by then. When I got home I washed off my makeup and put a warm washcloth on my eye to soothe it. I called my mom and she told me to put eye drops in my eye. I did, and my eye hasn't hurt since! It was so relieving! When my mom came home she still wouldn't let me go to my friends house! It was ridiculous! I was so mad and upset at the same time, and I was also jealous of my friends who were at her house.
So this is when where I am. Since then, me and my mom have talked and made up, and she said next friday I can come to her house. Also, I have done some further research for my room, and I have decided I want a full size bed. I have a twin right now, and my room is 10' by 12'. Do you think it will fit? I hope everyone has had a better week than I have had. Thank you so much for taking your time to read this! :)

Question of the day: Would you rather be the best player on the worst team or the worst player on the best team?

Stay beautiful,
Mel

1 comment:

  1. I always poke myself in the eye while doing my makeup. I get the gel eyeliner stuck on my contact.....it sucks : )

    www.breezysimply.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete